QHSE MANAGER - Catering & Hospitality
Closing: 30 Dec 2022
Olman Business Solutions LtdKm 1 Eleme- Onne Express way, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
To identify and implement Nigeria regulatory health, safety and environmental requirements and other international HSE standards in accordance with company objectives - The QHSE Officer would conduct Hazard identification, Risk Assessment, Safety Audits and prepare QHSE reports for Management. - Act as Hcue’s representative at external meetings on QHSE matters. - Ensure that non-conformance reports are regularly collected and reported - Refer and resolves any quality issues that may arise in consultation with the QA/QC cordinator -Assist in conducting safety drills, incident investigation and root cause analysis - Oversees vessel discharging operations, Installations, calibrations, maintenance and disposal of substances - Ensure compliance by keeping abreast of the relevant HSE local and national legislations . - Keeps all personnel informed of existing and potential hazards.
- Develop, implement and improve QHSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations.
- Recipe formulation and standardization.
- Ensure Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures in all company locations.
- Manage incidents and non-conformities by effective investigation and corrective action planning.
- Conducting internal investigations and audits related to food safety.
- Manages the QHSE department and instils QHSE culture within the company by implementing agreed Company QHSE policies.
- Carry out regular audit of QHSE operations to ensure that standards are being set and maintained.
- Defines, develops and facilitates implementation of required QHSE plans (e.g. environmental and socio-economic impact assessments, safety management plans, health management plans, fire response, crisis management, etc).
- Works with contractors to promote QHSE performance in accordance with HCUE expectations.
- Maintains adequate level of QHSE related signage within the Company premises/work areas.
- Supervise/coordinate activities of the QHSE officer (s).
- Ensuring HSE training is identified, delivered, and maintained in line with legislation and employee work activities.
- Identifies and institutes QHSE and First Aid training courses as required.
- Working with food vendors, Purchasing and procurement department to ensure the quality of products are to the standards required.
- Reviews accident and incident reports, analyses data, provides feedback on quality of investigation and identifies trends.
- Drive monitoring and verification programs for external audits. Provide reports to Management.
- Monitoring and ensuring that food production, and customer services are complying with statutory and company QHSE standards, policies and procedures to avoid food contamination and related risks.
Perform daily walk throughs in facilities and / or in clients’ premises to monitor and promote a safe workplace
¨ HND/B.Sc. in Engineering, Food Science Tech or Environmental Sciences
¨ At least 5 years working with international QHSE standards, codes and practices including Nigerian QHSE experience
¨ Membership of relevant QHSE professional bodies
¨ Minimum of 3 years industrial catering experience.
¨ HACCP Level 3 qualification or other food handling / safety qualifications.
¨ Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
Experience5 - 5 Year(s)