Head of Finance
Closing: 30 Nov 2022
Olman Business Solutions LtdKm 1 Eleme- Onne Express way, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
Responsible for the financial management of the organization; this included financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing financial forecasts. Also recommends ways to improve profitability and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion.
Facilitate the execution of dynamic financial responsibilities in line with the company’s vision.
- Managing the financial reporting of the organization; this includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, long term financial plans and all statutory financial reporting.
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable management to make critical business decisions.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by reviewing existing or establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the Board.
- Play a key role in the formulation of the business's strategy.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with external auditors for specialist advice.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organization is compliant with accounting standards.
- Managing and overseeing the company's banking and borrowing arrangements for business expansion.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial systems
- Periodic investment appraisal and analysis and presentation of same to top management.
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place
- Overseeing commercial decision making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis etc.
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees in the department; following up on work results.
- Cash flow management: Prepare and maintain cash flow forecast and projections to effectively manage cash balances.
- Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of processes and controls
- Responsible for the timely preparation and interpretation of all financial information, including financial statements, system ledgers, and other reports as required
- Plans, supervises, and assists the team in performing daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify and control financial transactions
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Preparation and review of period end financial statements.
- Direct the transactional processing of financial processes.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Perform analytical reviews of the monthly, Quarterly and yearly operating results to ensure the reasonability and accuracy of reports.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor, track, and report and track capital expenditures/projects spend
- 10 0 % Compliance with features of the Safety Pl a n.
- Observes proper operating procedures, noting unsafe practices.
- Ensures that all relevant QHSE policies are communicated to and understood by department members.
- Work in safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Communicates with subordinates daily through pr e-to u r /toolbox meetings.
- Understand pro p er use of safety equipment required for his position
- Understand the emergency duties of his position
- B.Sc. Degree or HND in Accounting
- Membership of any of ICAN, ACCA, ACMA
- M.Sc. Finance / MBA
Minimum 10 years post qualification experience
Experience0 - Year(s)